Were you arrested and charged with a DUI? The penalties imposed for DUI convictions are tough, even for a first-time offense. If you are convicted, you could face life-changing penalties, including:
- Six months or longer with an ignition interlock device (IID)
- Expensive fines
- License suspension for up to a year
- A DUI conviction on your criminal record, affecting employment opportunities
Why You Need A DUI Defense Lawyer For Driving Under The Influence Criminal Charge
Field sobriety and breathalyzer tests are critical evidence for the prosecutor in a DUI case. Our talented and resourceful defense team at Rodriguez Law Firm can employ a range of legal defenses that could allow the charges to be dropped or reduced, or achieve an acquittal at trial. We perform a comprehensive investigation to discover law enforcement errors, rights violations, or testing errors.
What Can Our DUI Defense Team Research?
We may craft a defense around any of the following:
- Unlawful traffic stops
- Improperly performed field sobriety tests
- Testing unit errors and flaws
- Unlawful search and seizure
- Medical conditions impacting test results
- False-positive BAC test results
We understand the life-changing consequences of a DUI conviction, and we take defending DUI charges very seriously. We will treat you with respect, decency, and understanding, and will fight aggressively to achieve a favorable outcome in your case.
We Are The Most Qualified Driving Under The Influence (DUI) Attorneys
You are innocent until proven guilty, but you won’t feel that way. Prosecutors achieve almost 20,000 DUI convictions every year. Don’t become a statistic. Call upon our dedicated DUI defense attorneys at the Rodriguez Law Firm for immediate legal help. The earlier we are involved, the better it could be for you.
Our founder, Dagoberto Rodriguez, is recognized by the National Trial Lawyers Association as a “Top 100 Lawyers” and “Top 40 under 40.” Our team of seasoned trial attorneys has an intimate understanding of the tactics and methods prosecutors use to achieve convictions in DUI cases, and the strategies that work in negotiating a reduced charge, a dismissed charge, or a “not guilty” verdict in court.
Penalties For Driving Under The Influence (DUI)
Being convicted of a DUI comes with heavy penalties, even in a first offense. The lowest DUI charge is a Class 1 misdemeanor. The penalties imposed can include:
- A $250 to $2,500 fine
- One-year license suspension
- Six months with an ignition interlock device after license restoration
- Up to 30 days in jail
If you have a prior conviction for DUI, a second or third offense will be very heavily punished. You will be subject to far more extreme penalties in DUI cases with aggravating factors, including:
- DUI with injury or property damage
- There was a child in the vehicle when arrested and charged
- You hold a commercial driver’s license
- You were under 21 (you will likely face a longer license suspension in this case)
- You refused a blood or breath test
Contact Rodriguez Law Firm
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony DUI, contact our firm immediately. We offer a free consultation and case review, speak both English and Spanish, and we are a team of dedicated trial lawyers who genuinely care about the people we represent. You need a seasoned, veteran DUI defense lawyer on your side – so contact Rodriguez Law Firm at 855-585-1500 today.